Monday 11 January 2016

Calendar challenge; January 2016


Here is my January offering from the Clarity calendar challenge.  I have changed it slightly by not adding the tree mantles as I wanted to create a bright, frosty winter scene.  I had to improvise a bit with the birds as I don t have that stamp.
I hope I have risen to the challenge! New Years resolution no 1 completed and only 11 to go. 
Hope there will be lots of us 'having a go'

Hope you like it X 

Calendar challenge update!

I wanted to add some subtle glitter to this card o it had that cold frost morning feel to it.  I ordered an amazing glue applicator which has a very fine metal applicator ideal for tiny amounts of glue.....well it arrived today ( was not expecting it for another couple of weeks) so have now added the glitter ( quite subtle)! It's a great little gadget ( photo at the end).

Glue applicator


Great, very precise application possible.......love it x 


13 comments:

  1. i think you've done a heck of a good job here.
    i wanted to email you about micro beads but i couldn't find where to email you. anyway, you can cover a background paper by using double sided sticky sheets and then sprinkling them all over. it will thus mute the pattern and the brightness of colour.
    it can be used on diecuts that are covered with said double sided sticky sheets to add texture.
    as i used it on my card: translucent paste through stencil and sprinkle micro beads while still wet. again adding texture.

    hope this helps. i learnt quite a bit about them from Sue Wilson's blog: particraft.blogspot.com, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art work could just go there so peaceful crafting hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Hilary, its my aim to do every month too! One down....... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely autumnal, crisp morning with the sun rising in the mist. A great piece of artwork for month one of the Clarity Calendar Challenge. Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have done Very well here. A fantastic rendition. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have done Very well here. A fantastic rendition. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It's nice to have comments sometime it's morethan the wining

      Delete
  8. loving what you have done here Hilary xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work very well done. Good luck I the calendar challenge. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Hilary. Love your update as well. Glitter, I nearly always have to use some. Good Luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Hilary. Love your update as well. Glitter, I nearly always have to use some. Good Luck. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. All comments are read and greatly appreciated. X x x